Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What is the fate of this bread

I have been working on food that can be taken into the woods, easy to store, long lasting nutritious and that tastes good.

I have many answers yet I have yet to try, so I best not comment at this time.

Will asking this question I came across this “Bread” I thought others may find this just as interesting as I do.

I found some army food and in side this heavily armoured plastic bag I found bread.




I broke it in half to see what it looked like. It looked like bread, like sculpted bread, as if it were poured into a cast and let set. Scratch that, it didn’t look like bread.



It smelt of molasses, it tasted of molasses. Like gum that just wouldn’t stay together.

With in the packaging I found a packet that said “fresh Saver” I believe mine was broken.

At the end of a film on “fast Food” the gentleman contains some “fast food” items, to watch there disintegration. The fries looked normal long after they should have been dirt.

With in a show of “water holding thoughts”, 2 containers of rice; one had Positive words and the other negative words marked on there containers. In the end the container that had a positive word seemed to be lighter in colour as the other with the negative had grown dark and … well gross looking.

I want to see what happens to this bread, after a month, will it be pleasant or will it be gross?

I found a glass jar, took a part of the bread placed it in the jar than sealed up the jar.





I had a story told to me of a young child that had mold as a pet. They would feed it and talk to it. I thought that very weird. Now that I have done this, I think back to this story and I’m reminded how strange I once thought that idea. Yet here I am now doing that very thing. Change is a constant.
I will up date this next month so we can all enjoy this.
Matthew Wright

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Luke Here. I might have to drop you the recipie for Iga region Ninja Rations, the breakfast ones were tasty, the lunch bearable and the dinner ones were horrable. I didn't try the wwater rations... they sounded good though.

    We have also done that rice experiment, and its two years in the making, with the "Good" thoughts jar looking kinda yellowish and the "Bad" thoughts jar looking like something akin to that mould that grows in public rest rooms...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sprouted grains squished together into some sort of thin bread would be a good bet if you then dehydrated it afterward. You'd have maximum nutrition while it remained edible and tasty...

    It's an interesting fact that the protein in grains and seeds are often tripled in availability simply through sprouting or soaking them.

    ReplyDelete