Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Ninja in the present world

It’s the year 2009, I find myself living down town Toronto. I have a great apartment and wonderful women in my life. My master bedroom, is my armoury, the den attached is a small dojo for my practice. My living room is my office and my balcony is my wood shop. I teach Ninjutsu, and I study it relentlessly. I am obsessed with creating tools from my linage of martial practice. I live the life of a modern Ninja living in peace.

Yet with in my dream life I have a problem. I must choose a path and the path I must choose is against the laws of ninjutsu. I wish to create with in my laws of creation. I wish to do this full time. To create brings me peace and a better understanding of the world around me. I wish to make a living on sharing my art with those that see what I see. Here is the problem for them to see what I do, I need to be seen and I need the world to now that I am here.

I question to myself, is this in the laws of Ninjutsu to be seen? To have people know what I do. When the teaching leads to the idea of not being seen, or does it? I do know for certain that the teaching leads to enlightenment.

I cannot answer the question of if or if not I am a hypocrite. What I will do is walk my path and find my answers on the way. I will persevere with in my practice. I will continue making my tools. I will practice the basics of the art and I will study the words I have of Hatsumi. I will also add more tools into my understanding. I will share my findings in my study of tools of the past and I will share my thoughts of Ninpo.

With in my new tool, Blogging, I will talk of my experiences. I hope to gain form this is new contacts. I wish for people to view my web site, for those that can visit my Armoury. I will shine light on a part of Ninjutsu that I was not able to find, but had to experience. I hope my experiences will move some to experience for them self’s the art that is Ninjutsu.

Matthew Wright
www.ninedirections.com

1 comment:

  1. Well according to both Toda Shinryuken Masamitsu and Takamatsu Toshitsugu, the only way to endure (忍) is through sincerity, this is also said in the old document Bansenshukai. I might write a rant of sorts on this soon...

    ReplyDelete