Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The story of a Bronze Kunai

Well I love kunai…ok, ok I love them all but today my thoughts are of Kunai.

I have been forging them for some time now. I have tried long handles short handles, thick blades thin blades long blade short blades wide blades thin blades hammer handles large ring handles rope rings and I have mixed them all together.

Out of all the kunai I have made my Tobu kunai is my favourite.

It throws well, it digs well, it cuts well…but it takes a lot of time to forge…sad

I want more yet I need time to train I can’t always be at the forge as the more time I spend at the forge the less time I spend in the dojo life is tuff!

So I have decided to cast the Kunai. Long ago that was the production of tools of war. They were cast and they were cast of Bronze.

Now bronze is a very cool metal. It can hold a crazy sharp edge, it is strong and it has the same weight as steel.

That is just what I have done!

I know can have lots of kunai at a more affordable price. At $45.00 each it’s quit a deal if I do say so my self…which I do.

Why did I need to have more? Easy…throw a kunai walk up take the kunai out of the target walk back, throw the kunai and repeat really slows down training. I want more… at least 3 in hand. This way I can feel the movement and start to hide my unnecessary movement.

So that’s my story of a bronze kunai.

Mangetsu


more info check out

You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Doi9pVe_A

Web site
http://www.ninedirections.com/Shinobi-Tools/Throwing-Kunai-p81.html

No comments:

Post a Comment