Sunday, October 11, 2009

Steel Shadow

First test was slow and painful. I spent 5 minutes working on a dead tree and was only able to remove the bark.

After that my hands hurt, too much force was being put into a very small part of my hand.

I made a few changes.

This time the fingers reach just 2 inches past my own, the back of the fingers reach almost to my elbow. The handle has been changed as well. This time around it would be ½ wide, 1” thick.

Since the day I have added cotton around the handle so it fits better in my hand.

Check out the video and if you have an idea of something they need to be tested against post a comment on you tube.

Matthew


2 comments:

  1. Have you tried any climbing with these, they seem sturdy enough, but you'd need to develop a technique to make sure they don't slip out while you alternate hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! A friend of mine would LOVE these. Big Wolverine fan LOL. Hope you are well :)

    ReplyDelete